Tuesday, March 3, 2009

House...

Though I work with children who have behavioral problems, I got my BS in Microbiology. While I was going to school I loved the show House. Its surprisingly medicaly accurate. They focus more on the illness than the drama of the characters. I took an immunology class that I loved, and the professor would give us cases for different diseases and we would have to figure out what parts of the immune system were working. She'd give us take home exams that would coincide with House marathons on television. It was so convenient how that show would get my mind going just enough so I could get everything right on the exams.
These days I can hardly watch it. I'm not sure why. Sometimes its because its too much. When I worked at the hospital it was my favorite thing to spend time with the patients with the worst injuries or illnesses. One kid had aplastic bronchitis (which is a little crazy) and I adored him. Mostly, I miss that and would love to have it again.
I guess my point is that ER and Grey's went south with all the drama. House remains true to its nature. You gotta love it!

No comments: