Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Update on my life....

As most know, I'm a pretty avid runner. I've had bone issues in the past that seem to limit my running to no more than 10 miles. These days I get to around 4 or 5 and get a little bored, but I'm not quite worn out after that so I decided to start swimming. Then I thought it would be okay to start riding the bike while I'm at the gym. Though I'm not a fan of the bike at the gym (I'm sure I'll like a road bike more) the whole experience is pretty enjoyable.

Then I went to Chicago to visit a few friends. We had an excellent time, but I came home with a cold. Not a full blown cold, but one that is coming on slowly because I'm determined to fight it off. So I'm hoping it'll be gone by tomorrow, or be completely full blown. The most irritating part is that I can't work out at all. I'm getting very anxious.

On the bright side, I'm not being set up any more. I'm doing well on my own with dating but I'm obviously preoccupied with other things.

Good luck to those who are doing much better with their triathlon/marathon/bike tour/etc. goals. If any of you have any advice on what I can do to not fall too far behind while I'm sick, I'd love to hear it.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Have you ever heard of Xlear nasal spray? I swear this stuff works. I was only sick once this winter and it was very mild. I have never seen it at Walmart, but Albertsons had it and probably Walgreens.

Kristen said...

good idea. I usually do high potency antioxidants,zinc, and lots of green tea and water. its keeping a major cold away but I almost wish I just get it rather than have the half cold stick around.

Dansie Family said...

coach grey always said you can workout through a cold. i don't know though. i wouldn't swim, but maybe do some easy runs on the treadmill. i totally go crazy if i can't get it in. hope you feel better soon.

Mariah said...

It's so frustrating when you can feel it coming, but it takes forever to decide if you'll sick or if it'll just go away. In recent years I don't try to get rid of it, but take super amounts of mucinex so all the nasty junk comes out of my head easier. Getting rid of everything seems to speed recovery a little. Good Luck with it and the training.