Monday, June 15, 2009

I must look very pathetic

I'm happy to be set up but only my closest friends every once in a blue moon. I do fine with dating on my own and when I'm not dating most people know its because of my own choosing. I always have options of who I'd like to date if I want to. These days I've been pretty busy. I've been training for a race and working quite a bit so I've put off dating for a while and most of my family and friends understand this.

Yesterday I received a facebook message from a man I dated about eight or nine years ago. He's married now. I really haven't spoken to him in almost as long. He wanted to set me up with one of his friends. I'm shocked. Is it really that common for people we haven't spoken to in years to do something like that? Especially someone who knows nothing about me? And I'm wondering what kind of subliminal message I'm sending out, over my facebook page, that makes me look that desperate. Wow!

This is just another story for my own children oneday. I'm not about to let him set me up....especially considering that some of my closest friends have been forbidden from doing that ever again. Tell me this though, do I really look that pathetic and desperate? I didn't think so but I'm really starting to wonder now.

1 comment:

Mariah said...

Aren't people funny? You never know what is going to happen. I don't think your facebook page sends that message. He must have figured that was the easiest way to try and set you up. Getting set up is always a scary thing. =D Good luck with it. How's work going? Good to see you're doing well.