Sunday, July 12, 2009

New dating stories

I think its kind of fun to post my dating disasters here because it can be interesting to read from time to time. For a while I had a boyfriend and after that I wasn't really dating so I haven't had any stories for a while. The ones I have now aren't as good as the ones I've posted before but my stories now are more about how bad I am at dating.

I've been a little out of practice so I'll admit I'm not great at dating. A couple of weeks ago I went to a movie with this guy I've known for a while. We had a drink first and got to talk a little. We watched the movie like we were buddies and finnished off the date with a very awkward one-armed hug, completely dodging the kiss without even knowing it. He didn't even walk me to my car. That last part is all his fault. He should have walked me to my car. But after we left the movie I was exausted from working all day and wasn't thinking clearly so I couldn't leave fast enough. After looking back, he probably was hoping for a small kiss of some sort , since this wasn't a first date. I just don't pick up on those cues very well. Didn't really hear from him after that.

This past weekend I met another guy I've know for a while to watch the fight. Turns out he's a friend of the other guy I just mentioned. Both guys were there, though it was surprisingly not wierd. Strange thing, same thing happened at the end of the night.

I'm learning that I can be so awkward on dates these days that I have no clue how to flirt or let someone know I like them. Instead, I'm very good at making it look like I can't wait to get out of there.

I'm sure its like a cold and will pass before too long. Otherwise I'll become a hermit. I won't have another choice.

4 comments:

Mariah said...

Good thing you didn't kiss either of them...that would have been awkward. ;-D When a good match comes along you won't have to worry about any of it. Just enjoy life! Boys have cooties anyway. Ha ha ha Take care.

Kristen said...

I'm not exactly worried about things like this. I just think they're funny. I was watching a show on tv today that I just love these days, Bones. I think I like it because the woman on it is just as strange as I am about more personal matters. My priorities are elsewhere. Besides, when its the right person none of my misunderstanding hints and awkward moments will matter.

Kim said...

You can be the crazy cat lady, except with dogs.

Unknown said...

You’re giving off an awkward vibe because you’re not being yourself or your way nervous… Either case I propose you open up your body language and bear hug them the next time they try to give you an awkward hug. Also, if your date doesn’t walk you to your car and you’ve known them for a while they are not worth your time.